Guidelines for Parents
GENERAL GUIDELINES FOR PARENTS / GUARDIANS
The School believes in discipline and in firmness. Slackness, disobedience and disregard to rules will not be tolerated and any work or action likely to lower the image of the school is regarded as a breach of the school discipline. The school reserves the right to expel any student whose diligence or progress in studies is considered unsatisfactory or whose conduct is harmful to other students. Contempt of authority and breaking school rules are always sufficient reasons for immediate expulsion or rustication from the school.
1. Parents are requested not to enter classrooms to see their children or teacher(s) during school hours without permission from Principal.
2. They must inform the school authorities if there is any change in their address or telephone numbers.
3. Leave for half day must not be asked for the safety of the student except in medical cases; written request from parents or guardians should be sent to the Leave In-charge and written permission from Leave In-charge should be taken and class teacher should be informed accordingly.
4. Children when sick, should not be sent to school to attend classes/tests
5. Parent’s attention is drawn to the fact that criticism of the teacher(s) or school in presence of a child should be scrupulously avoided because it causes the students to lose respect for their teachers with the consequent failure to learn from them and it further hampers their progress.
6. (a) Visiting hours to meet Principal/HM is 8.30 A.M. to 9.30 A.M.
on Monday and Wednesday and with prior appointment on any other day.
(b) Visiting hours to meet teachers (with prior permission):
Teachers (V-XII): 1:20 P.M. to 1:50 P.M. on Wednesday & Friday.
Teachers (Pre-Nursery to IV): 1:00 P.M. to 1:30 P.M. on Wednesday & Friday.
7. Any communication made by the Parents or Guardians should be addressed to the Principal only.
8. Parents are requested to cooperate with the school in its attempt to help their children’s progress by paying attention to their regularity, punctuality and discipline.
9. They should check their diary every day, note the homework and instructions given there in. In case of junior children, parents are advised to check the bags of the wards to see if any notice / invitation / circulars etc. has been issued.
10. Parents must encourage their wards to participate in co and extra curricular activities and inter house competitions of the school.
Students may be required to take part actively in all the activities. The participation is compulsory whenever required from the school authority.
11. To develop fluency in English the parents / guardians are requested to encourage the children to converse in English at home also.
12. If any school property is damaged by the students the same will have to be compensated together with a fine imposed by the school.
13. Parents should ensure that the children do not bring valuable articles ( watches, calculators and jewellery etc. ) to the school. In case of any loss the school will not bear any responsibility.
14. Parents are advised to ensure positively that children should not bring cameras, mobile phones, two wheelers, digital diaries, belts with stylish buckles, etc. to the school.
15. Parents / Guardians should ensure that their wards join the school on the opening days of each term and will not leave before the end of the school. A fine of Rs. 10/- per day for absence shall be imposed unless Principal / Leave In-charge is informed well before the beginning of the term and satisfied about the reasons. They are asked not to apply for leave as far as possible during the session.
16. It is binding on parents to come to school on Parents Teachers Meeting days and OPEN DAYS ( the day on which evaluated answer books are shown to the parents) failing which their wards may not be allowed to attend classes for a week from the said day.
17. The parents should meet the subject teacher on OPEN DAY for exchange of views for improvement of their wards. Any positive suggestion is highly welcome for the development of the school on this day.
18. School does not provide any transport facility for coming to and going from the school.
19. The name, class, section and house should be clearly marked on the belongings such as bag, blazer, cardigan,tiffin box,water bottle etc. of the child.
20. Parents are advised to give pocket money to their children very judiciously.
21. Parents are requested to sign regularly the Periodic test copies of their wards which are normally returned by the teacher within a fortnight of the test, failing which the copies of the subsequent test may not be evaluated.
22. Smoking, chewing pan, chewing gum, betel-nut or tobacco, etc. are strictly forbidden.
23. Admittance into the school premises is at the sole discretion of the school authorities, who reserve to themselves the right to refuse admission to anyone without assigning any reason whatever.
24. Ordinarily communication with Parents/Guardians is made through School Almanac. On the first day of the every month, the school almanac should be checked by the parents and signed with the word 'CHECKED'.
25. Negative /wrong/non-constructive publicity caused by any student/parent can lead to dismissal of the student.
26. Exemplary behaviour is expected in the school campus.
27. In order to take Home a child from School during class hours, the Parents or Guardians must cometo school in person himself/hereself.
28. Normally a phone call is made from school in case of urgency; Parents are requested respond promptly.
29. It is the responsibility of the parents / guardians to inform the school authority in case of change in mobile number.